2015年5月18日星期一

More Bridesmaid, Less Soldier

Back in 1995 when my sister got married,personalized bobble heads, she decided she didn’t want to pick out bridesmaid dresses for all the girls,,, but instead bought us the same navy material and asked us to design our own dresses. At sixteen, I considered myself a budding fashion designer, and was thrilled with this task,custom bobblehead. I designed a floor length sheath with a high neckline and a low open back,personalized bobbleheads. A good look for a girl who decided to become a lifeguard that summer and had some awesome lifeguard swimsuit tan lines on her back,personalized bobblehead. I am sure no one noticed. No one except,customized bobbleheads, everyone,Can I Buy Used Summer Wedding Dresses,., as I stood at the altar with my back to the church.

When my sister made this decision to not have her bridesmaids look like soldiers,custom bobblehead, everyone was shocked and loved the idea. Mind you we were just passing the beaded,Short Beach Wedding Dresses for Your Big Day,customize bobblehead, puffy sleeved stage of the early nineties; few brides allowed their ladies to make such decisions. Fast forward to 2006 when allowing bridesmaids to wear a dress they have selected is all the rage. Many dress companies from David’s Bridal to Saeyoung Vu are offering collections that allow bridesmaids to pick out styles of dresses that fit their body type and comfort level,personalized bobble heads, while still maintaining the same material,custom bobblehead, color, and shapes so that the bridal party dresses look related.

My bridesmaids are spread all over the country – Ohio, California,personalized bobbleheads,Short Beach Wedding Dresses for Your Big Day, Maryland and New York, so getting them together for a dress hoedown was just not happening. I tried to make things as easy as possible and ended up ordering dresses from Simple Silhouettes in Soho because the material,custom bobbleheads, styles and color worked for everyone and the dresses could be found in bridal stores all over the country.

I think they will look great,customized bobbleheads, but I think it is funny that I gave them the freedom to pick out whatever style and trim they wanted and four out of six girls picked the same strapless dress. If I had to do this again,Wedding Dresses for Green Wedding Theme,customize bobblehead, I think I would give them fewer parameters and ask them show up with “any pink dress” as to allow them to really highlight their personalities and styles. While this day is primarily about Mr. Grasshopper and me, I also want it to be about how unique and special our friends are to us.

Tags: new-york BLOGGER Mrs. Grasshopper Location: New York Wedding Date: September 2015 Venue: The Foundry --> PREVIOUS POSTRunaway Bride's Wedding Cancelled NEXT POSTSweet Talker Salt & Pepper Shaker Related Posts Classifieds: January 5, 201501/05/15 @ 10:57 am What the Girls Are Wearing11/03/14 @ 6:53 am Monumental Love: Panicking and Primping11/11/14 @ 6:47 am Lilly Pulitzer Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Too Much or Just Enough?09/24/14 @ 7:29 am

没有评论:

发表评论